The Framework code is intended for developers and product designers to integrate
MetaRex metarex into a product or system. The code comprises 3 parts:
unwrapper- puts metadata items into the mrx container
extractor- maps mrx containers into a transport e.g. NDI or RTP or MXF multiplexer
register- interacts with the register API
Creating the framework code will be done in the following steps
- Phase 1
- 2023-04 Agree the specification
- Create some test streams for wrap / unwrap / register testing
- Create an ffmpeg wrap / unwrap / register implementation
- Phase 2
- create basic RTP network mapper
- create network mappers depending on resource availability
- Phase 3 (stretch goal)
- Specify requirements for end-user app
- Create Android & iOS apps
The register is a simple web service that delivers text or json when requested. An authenticated user of the system should be able to update records that they own. A user management system is required to prevent malicious update of register entries.
The register should also be able to run in a self-proxy mode to allow for embedded register and private operations.
2023-04 A github repo will be created for the register requirements that will allow backer to triage and prioritize issues raised.